Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Grass Isn't Always Greener on the Other Side

This afternoon Laura, Thomas and I were hanging out in the kitchen making cookies. Cookies which by the way we will not be sharing with anyone due to the fact that the two of them each took a turn sneezing into the cookie dough while it was mixing. Yum! Yum! Anyways, after the cookies were in the oven Laura asks, "Mom, when is my birthday coming?" "Not until the summer. Why?" "Well I'm getting tired of being 5. I want to be 6."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sick! I love it.
It's always hard to celebrate someone else's birthday when yours is so very far away. :)

Marcia said...

Karen, we just heard about Laura having diabetes. Oh my. That must be so hard! My mom probably told you about Jeff, so I know somewhat of what you're going through. I also have a really good friend who found out a year ago that her daughter had it and she was the same age as Laura. She'd love to talk to you and share some tips and tricks and words of encouragement. I bet you're at a place where it seems like a long, depressing road ahead, but I know that it will get easier. Just one more thing to add to the worry of a mother. You'll make it! I know it. Call if you need anytime.

Aldobean said...

I hope you and Laura are doing well and adjusting to the new lifestyle changes I am sure you have to make. Hang in there!
Cookies sound good! The germs will get cooked out, right??